Monday, April 17, 2006

Uh-Oh Mr Chicken Salad.

I've been working on a digital comic for the wonderful world of the internet lately. It is full of irony...much like life. I find that ironic things are always happening to me, like I'm living in some weird practical joke world. Maybe irony is the wrong word for it...I need a word that conveys both the emotions of sad and funny. Maybe I should call it the Charlie Brown effect. You sort of want to cry for Charlie Brown when Lucy constantly rips the football out from under his feet like some sort of evil bitch harpy who revels in the pain of others, but it is kind of funny at the same time. Uh-oh funny not ha-ha funny. Maybe my life has become uh-oh funny. LIke when I get out of the shower and step in cat pee. That's pretty uh-oh funny. Or when I realize that somehow I've managed to tye-die all my clothes so that they have giant red blotches. Or when the man at the chicken salad sandwich restaurant recognizes my voice on the phone and says "Oh i know who this is, Mr Chicken Salad." That's sort of pathetic uh-oh funny. Being known as "Mr. Chicken Salad."

A still from my comic: "3:07pm and the world ended" COMING SOON to www.gabebc.com/comics.html

No comments: